- ThePIP® is a unique life safety component designed to prevent electrical fire caused by overheating.
- ThePIP® is a non-resettable thermal switch designed to activate at a given temperature: 85°C ± 5°.
- 85°C ± 5°C is pre smoke or fire!
- ThePIP® is an “open going closed” thermal switch.
- ThePIP® is not a “point temperature” device, it activates at an ambient temperature of 85°C ±5°C, however if the temperature remains at a constant 65°C + it will commence a slow creep activation. Because although the optimum temperature of 85°C ±5°C has not yet been reached the duration of 65°C + is clearly unsafe.
- ThePIP® is N/O changing state to N/C when activated. The N/C switch is designed to carry a maximum load of 30mA.
- ThePIP® can be used as a circuit board component and also suitable for domestic and commercial applications when used in conjunction with ThePIP® Modular System.
- ThePIP® does not require any electrical supply whatsoever and costs nothing to run.
- Because ThePIP® ’s normal state is “normally open” it is unaffected by electrical testing.
ThePIP® device is available in three variants:
1k3: This is for use in countries with lower voltages such as Japan and America.
5k0: This is for use in countries with higher voltages such as Europe.
10R: This is for use in any country. It does not isolate the electrical supply, it is simply a switch that operates at 85°C ± 5°C and interfaces with fire alarms, BMS etc. to warn of the imminent danger of fire.